There are many tips and tricks to help you lose weight. Some of the best are-
- Reduce the amount of calories you take in. This can be done by either eating less, for example by eating smaller portions, or by eating less calorie dense food. Calorie dense foods are foods that contain a lot of calories per 100g. Examples are pastry, chocolate and cheese. Examples of foods that are not calorie dense include fruit, vegetables and salads.
- Begin using HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) in your workouts. HIIT has been proven to be very effective for weight loss as it expels a lot of calories at the time of the workout, due to its intensity, as well a firing up your metabolism, meaning you burn more calories than normal after the workout. HIIT workouts use periods of high intensity training, such as running, with periods of rest, such as walking. HIIT training can be used with either cardiovascular or resistance (weight) training. A combination will produce the best results.
- Learn to love spicy foods. Hot and spicy foods, such as chillies and mustard, increase your metabolism. This means your body burns more calories, even when you are just sitting around. The hotter the food, the greater the increase in your metabolism.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help you feel fuller. This is especially true during meals. Studies have shown that individuals who drink water between each mouthful of food will eat significantly less calories during a meal. People can often also confuse thirst with hunger.
- When you feel hungry, consider if you are truly hungry. People often feel hungry when they are bored, upset or lonely. If you feel that what you are feeling is emotional hunger, not true hunger, then either refrain from eating or eat something small. People who are feeling emotionally hungry may also be more inclined to make bad choices about what to eat.
- Don’t let yourself get really hungry. It is quite common for people to make bad choices about what to eat when they get really hungry. Eating little and often is your best strategy to ward off extreme hunger pains.